The Lies we Tell - Brittany Butler

I received this book as an ARC and will give my honest opinion.

I have read Hazed by the same author so I had an idea of the type of relationship issues that could be touched upon in the book. The author has a unique way of writing about real people with real problems. How many people do we know that run away when things become tough. They just pick up and leave without communicating their fears and reasons for panic. Natalie starts by lies by omission and as far as she goes she tends to continue this pattern. What I do notice is that the characters have trouble communicating, which leads to breaks in their relationships.

I am not a big fan of these kinds of books as they tend to affect me negatively, I find it sad that there may be people out there who live their lives like this. However, it is a realistic book and I would recommend it for those who do not wish to travel too far into fiction when they read and who wants to read about other people's mistakes.

                                                                           click on the image to go to amazon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Enigma of Ted Bundy by Kevin Sullivan

As promised, here is DODGER!

Time's Orphan by Hayley Chow