"I know now - life doesn't come with guarantees. Betting on Ezra is just the start" - Jennifer G Edelson

                                                    click on image to go to amazon or go to Smashwords

I was somewhat sceptical about the book, mainly because I have not yet read a book situated in Mexico, dealing with their folklore and such. However, I was pleasantly surprised.  I could feel Ruby's sense of freedom and peace as she hiked in the area surrounding her new home.  A home her mother had bought before...and now she and her aunt, who was more like a mother to her, had come to make a new life for themselves.

As with any move to a new place, La Luna has a new school to attend and try and avoid attention, but Angel, the sheriff's young deputy, has his eye on her.  She runs into a boy, Leo, on her hike to a Pueblo ruin, who is evasive with information and intriguing and forward.  As she is new, she does not know all the myths and legends, and when a mysterious mountain lion and a reclusive young man with a scarred face crosses her path, her life begins to be much more interesting than the one she left behind.

I will definitely get the next instalment.

I received an advance review copy for free, and I am leaving this review voluntarily.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Enigma of Ted Bundy by Kevin Sullivan

As promised, here is DODGER!

Time's Orphan by Hayley Chow