Julie C Gilbert

 Books by Julie C Gilbert: 

Princess Melia's Plight: A Fantasy Short Story Featuring Princesses and Dragons



                                 click on the image to go to amazon'

I could not finish this, I fell asleep at the same place each time I tried. But it is a clean story for very young adults. So I would advise it for young fantasy lovers.

River's Edge Ransom





                                                Click on the image to go to amazon


This prequel to the Huntsman and the Healer has some small spoilers but is as a matter of fact a good lead up to what happens in the Huntsman and the Healer. Marina and Daniel meet when he is hired to kill her. We also see a bit into the family dynamic and from there the Huntsman and the Healer make much more sense.

The Huntsman and the Healer – Julie C Gilbert


                        

Wow! So I listened to a book by the same author which I could not finish, and a such was sceptical when I started The Huntsman and the Healer. Maybe I was just not fashioned for short stories.  This book, however, had me from the get-go.  Shapeshifters and Warlocks, family intrigue and a dark menace, is threatening the land divided, with two people in the centre of the story who will follow their hearts and face a dangerous future in the hope of bringing peace to the country that is divided whilst facing a damning prophecy if they were to marry.

Ms. Gilbert writes true young adult fantasy, whereby I mean that although it has a dark antagonist, the story is light with a positive edge.  It is not in the same class as some of the YA books out there, and I think that is precisely what the author meant to do: write good fantasy but safe fantasy. Well done.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Enigma of Ted Bundy by Kevin Sullivan

As promised, here is DODGER!

Time's Orphan by Hayley Chow